Sunday, July 23, 2006

A difference of philosophy... and more....

It's interesting to search out the Geneva Convention(s) (there are 4 of them), and see how combatants are SUPPOSED to identify themselves and separate themselves from civilians.

In the current Israeli/Hezbollah conflict, and in the War on terror generally, this image sums the difference up quite well I feel.


Graphic from here. (Host site looks interesting too).

The picture conveys the meaning well enough, but a friend at work translated the text for me.

Hebrew is read right to left, but grammatically, words often group in a different order.

The left hand part of the text is the short form for 'Israeli Army'. the RH part translates as 'spirit' or 'ideals'.

This one puts it even more bluntly;

2 Comments:

Blogger Litvshe said...

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/06.07.25.CowardlyBlend-X.gif

Try this one...

Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:46:00 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

My apologies on the delay in putting that comment up.

I've been interstate with work and off the 'net.

I think I've seen that cartoon on some of the right of centre blogs I visit.

Anyhows, welcome to the blog, and Thanks for your comment.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home