Sunday, May 24, 2009

Movies we've seen. 'Angels and Demons'

We went and saw 'Angels and Demons' yesterday.

Adaption of the Dan Brown book (written before DaVinci Code).

I won't do a spoiler, but suffice it to say there is a twist in the end of the movie. I haven't read either of Brown's books, so I can't comment on whether they are true to the books or not.

Some people take the conspiracy aspect that is the mainstay of books and movies like this VERY seriously (I suspect that counts for a lot of their popularity actually).

My feeling was that there was a lot of inconsistency in the story for the film. An inconsistency that doesn't sit well with the aforementioned twist in the end. To me, it would have made more sense without the twist than with it.

Acting good, production/direction good, screenplay so/so.

3 out of 5.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Voegtli said...

I have not seen both movies yet. But I read both books. And what many people do not know is that "Angels and Demons" should be read first.

Monday, May 25, 2009 9:17:00 am  
Anonymous Phil said...

Yes Pete, I hear A&D was written before DaV Code, but The latter was published first.

Monday, May 25, 2009 7:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home