Saturday, August 30, 2008

Music. Albums you love, but can't find again.

Sometimes, rarely, you find a record album that you like the whole of - not just a few tracks.

This was one of them for me. I have 'Bombs away Dream Babies' on LP - plastic. But do think I can find it on CD?

This is the best known track from the album. If the backing sounds familiar, that's Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac in support.

Sadly, John died earlier this year. His friend posted a tribute here. A great musical talent gone, but oh, what a body of work he leaves!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Voegtli said...

In 1962 (I think it was) I was in my professional apprenticeship and once my boss invited me home for dinner. After we were sitting in the living room and his wife put some music on. A small 45 record. Of Woody Herman and his orchestra. I was immediately seduced by this jazz music and when I left, they gave me the record to take with me.

During years, I bought Woody's music and at the end (around 1970) I had some 30 LP's of him. They travelled with me all over. And I remember my evenings in the bush. Listening to this music. When I moved from Mauritania to Chad, I lost the collection. When I had the chance to go to Switzerland, there were no more vinyl records. Cassette tapes did not have much jazz available and CD's did not exist yet.

When I returned to Switzerland in 1986 for good (thats what I thought), I started to search for Woody Herman records, on CD. There were a few only. And I searched the web. And bit by bit I found. To land up today with a collection of some 70 CD of Woody Herman.

It took a long time, but I succeeded. Continue to search, you will succeed too.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 5:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Peter.

I shall.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 5:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home